Landgipps complies with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 to protect the personal information Landgipps holds about individuals.
Landgipps’ policy is to only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for its dealings with the relevant individual. Landgipps only uses personal information for the purpose specified or which is reasonably apparent at the time the information was collected, or for a related purpose for which the individual would reasonably expect it to be used. Landgipps takes reasonable steps to protect personal information that it holds from unauthorised access, modification, misuse, interference and loss. Landgipps may sometimes disclose personal information to external parties to perform their services for Landgipps but Landgipps will only do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
The Landgipps Vic ABN 55 623 128 147 (Landgipps) is the registered agent for both sales and marketing acting on behalf of the land developer and represents the estate and recognises the importance of privacy and is committed to protecting individuals’ personal information.
Landgipps Vic Pty Ltd is subject to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
This Policy describes how Landgipps Vic complies with its privacy obligations in protecting the personal information Landgipps holds about individuals.
Overview of Landgipps’ functions and activities
Landgipps is an Australian real estate group, with an integrated development and asset management capability. Its operations are principally located in Victoria Australia. It’s key activities include real estate sales, marketing and land development management.
For more information regarding Landgipps, please visit our website: www.landgipps.com.au
Collection of personal information
Personal information is defined as information or an opinion that can identify or can reasonably identify an individual. This may include an individual’s name, address, email address and telephone numbers. The type of personal information that Landgipps collects will depend upon what dealings the relevant individual may have with Landgipps.
Landgipps may collect and hold personal information about individuals who:
- purchase, or express an interest to purchase, Landgipps land or other real estate (for example, when entering into a sale and purchase agreement, or when responding to requests for information about a Landgipps land)
- register or subscribe for electronic newsletters (either in person or online) customer loyalty programs, competitions or promotions run by Landgipps;
- supply goods and services (for example, when establishing records and systems to enable payment for goods).
- use Landgipps websites, social media and other online services.
Landgipps only collects personal information which is reasonably necessary for its dealings with the relevant individual. The types of personal information may include, but are not limited to:
- information that identifies the individual (for example, name, gender, address, contact details, date of birth, photographic or video images);
- information needed to verify an individual’s identity such as driver’s license number
- information about the individual that is required or authorised by law
- individual opinions and preferences about Landgipps services
The Privacy Act imposes restrictions on collecting sensitive personal information such as information about religious views, ethnicity, political opinions and personal health. Landgipps generally does not collect sensitive personal information about an individual. However, in certain circumstances, Landgipps may collect some sensitive information if it is necessary to allow Landgipps to deal with the individual and provided the individual has given consent for Landgipps to do so.
Whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so, Landgipps collects personal information directly from the individual. However, in some circumstances, personal information may be provided to Landgipps by other parties such as the individual’s agents, employees or Landgipps’s authorised agents, service providers and subcontractors. Landgipps will take reasonable steps to inform the individual that it has the individual’s personal information, unless it is obvious from the circumstances.
Notification of Collection of Personal Information
Use and disclosure of Personal information
Landgipps operates a number of businesses which handle personal information. Landgipps’ policy is only to use personal information for the purpose which was either specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the information was collected. Landgipps may also use or disclose the information collected for any other related purpose for which the individual would reasonably expect it to be used.
If Landgipps wishes to use or disclose the personal information in other circumstances, it needs to obtain the individual’s consent to do so.
In general, Landgipps uses personal information for the following purposes:
- providing products or services that have been requested;
- communicating with the individual;
- assessing suitability of products and services;
- helping Landgipps manage and enhance its products and services, including analysing customer feedback and future customer needs;
- providing ongoing information and marketing about products and services to individuals that Landgipps believes may be interested and where the individual has signed up;
- managing security and safety
- complying with regulatory and legal obligations
Landgipps may send marketing materials to its customers or potential customers where Landgipps has collected the personal information from the individual and the individual would reasonably expect Landgipps to use the information for that purpose.
The individual’s prior consent will be obtained before personal information is used for marketing purposes in situations where the personal information has been collected from the individual and the individual would not reasonably expect Landgipps to use the information for that purpose, the personal information has not been collected directly from the individual or where sensitive information is involved.
If the customer no longer wishes Landgipps to use his or her personal information in order for Landgipps to provide marketing materials, the customer is to advise Landgipps via the relevant method provided for in the electronic marketing message sent to the customer (e.g. via an ‘unsubscribe’ link) or to write to the Landgipps Privacy Officer (refer to contact details below). Landgipps will act and amend its records promptly.
Disclosing Personal Information to Other Parties
Landgipps may disclose personal information to other entities within the Landgipps Group of developers.
External parties may be given access to personal information held by Landgipps in certain circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
- Landgipps’s contractors, consultants, advisers and service providers who assist Landgipps in the operation of its business or to provide a customer service (for example, a company which helps maintain Landgipps’s computer systems or sends out Landgipps’s mail);
- joint venture partners for the purposes of seeking relevant regulatory approvals;
- third party lenders and insurers
- regulatory authorities or government agencies as agreed or required by law;
- anyone authorised by a provider of personal information;
- relevant parties in situations when Landgipps is required by law to provide the information;
Landgipps does not sell personal information to entities outside the Landgipps Group.
Security of Personal Information
Landgipps will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that it holds from unauthorised access, modification, misuse, interference and loss. Landgipps maintains physical security measures over its physical premises, and a range of computer and network security measures (such as systems access, firewalls, data encryption) over its electronic systems. Landgipps employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held.
If other parties provide support services, Landgipps generally requires them to agree to appropriately protect the privacy of the information provided to them.
Access to personal information
Any individual can request access to the personal information Landgipps may hold about them. To obtain access to the information, the individual needs to write to the Landgipps Privacy Officer (refer to contact details below). Landgipps will require evidence to verify the identity of the individual.
This service is free of charge unless the personal information requested requires preparation time. In this situation, Landgipps will provide an estimate of how much this service will cost and request agreement before proceeding.
In normal circumstances, Landgipps will provide the individual with access to the individual’s personal information. However, in some circumstances, there may be legal, regulatory or administrative reasons to deny the requested access. If access is denied, Landgipps will provide the individual with the reasons for doing so.
Changing Personal Information
If an individual wishes to change personal information that the individual believes may be inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, the individual may write to the Landgipps Privacy Officer requesting the information to be changed.
If Landgipps disagrees with the individual that the personal information should be changed, Landgipps will provide the individual with the reasons for doing so. The individual has the right to request that a notation be included with their personal information to indicate their disagreement with their personal information held by Landgipps.
Collection of other information
Landgipps may also collect the following information from you:
- A cookie is a small data file that may be placed on the computer of a web user (usually in the browser software folder) during a visit to a Landgipps website. Cookies are necessary to allow the Landgipps website and the user’s computer to interact effectively and enhance security. Cookies can record information about the user’s visit to assist Landgipps in better understanding the needs of the user. For example, user traffic data may be collected and used to infer the website user’s demographic using various web analytic technologies. Landgipps sometimes also use performance tracking technology (such as conversion tags) to help Landgipps to track user behaviour on its websites. General such user traffic and performance tracking data is non-personally identifiable and is collected on an aggregate level to report statistics to assist Landgipps to improve the quality and relevancy of its services. However, if the user has completed the online registration form on Landgipps’s websites, such cookie data may be linked to the personal information Landgipps holds about the user. In these circumstances, this cookie data will be treated the same manner as the personal information which it has been linked.
- Landgipps’s websites use, among other technologies, Google’s suite of analytics programs to track website traffic. Where users have chosen to enable Google to associate their web and app browsing history with their Google account, and to use information from their Google account to personalise ads, Google will use data from its signed-in users together with Landgipps’s Google Analytics data to build audience lists for cross-device remarketing. For users of Landgipps’s websites, Google Analytics will collect Google-authenticated identifiers associated with the user’s Google Accounts (and therefore, personal information). Google Analytics will also temporarily join these identifiers to Landgipps’s Google Analytics data. If a customer does not wish to have their Google-authenticated identifies joined with Landgipps’s Google Analytics data, they should opt out of the ‘personalised ads’ option via their Google account.
Changes in the Future
Landgipps reserves the right to change this Policy at any time. Landgipps will notify any changes to this Policy by posting an updated version of the Policy on the Landgipps website at https://landgipps.com.au/privacy/
An individual can make a complaint about the way in which Landgipps has handled an individual’s personal information by writing to the Landgipps Privacy Officer. Landgipps will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint.
You may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
Phone: 1300 363 992
Address: GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001
The Landgipps Privacy Officer can be contacted as follows:
Phone: 1300 545 263
Email: [email protected]
Address: ‘Landgipps Privacy Officer’, 70 Queen Street, Warragul 3820